Top 10 Reasons to Vote YES for Issue 10 and Rocky River City Schools
1. Vote YES - Rocky River Schools are ranked #2 in Ohio on state performance index and have been in the TOP 10 since 2010.
Performance Index Article-
2. A YES vote will continue our Strong fiscal management and recognition for excellence financial reporting.
Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from Government Finance Officers Association for last 31 years.
Aa2 rating by Moody’s Investor Services
Auditor of State Award with Distinction for 2021 audit
3. A YES vote will support our AWARD-WINNING staff and students in academics, athletics and activities.
National Merit- https://www.rrcs.org/protected/ArticleView.aspx?iid=6IBA0Y0&dasi=3G0Y
Dazzle Awards- https://www.rrcs.org/protected/ArticleView.aspx?iid=6IBI22B&dasi=3G0Y
Destination Imagination- https://www.rrcs.org/protected/ArticleView.aspx?iid=6IBYIP2&dasi=3G00
4. A YES vote will continue to provide academic and mental health support resources for all students.
5. A YES vote will allow us to purchase the latest technology, from Chromebooks to Clevertouch boards, to prepare students for 21st century jobs.
6. A YES vote will continue access to STEM and career programs to expand student opportunities.
West Shore Tech- https://www.rrcs.org/WSCTPrograms.aspx
7. A YES vote will continue Access to Advanced Placement and College Credit courses to help students afford higher education.
AP Classes- https://www.rrcs.org/AP.aspx
College Credits Plus- https://www.rrcs.org/CollegeCredit1.aspx
8. A YES vote will support continued resources for students with ALL ability levels.
Pupil Services- https://www.rrcs.org/pupilServices1.aspx
Mental Health Resources- https://www.rrcs.org/MentalHealth1.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3kBoRra4EvqPmRTprSUPXW5NroPN59BzaJwW_mNT90ckcV_8PtknNShKo
9. A YES vote will maintain strong property values in Rocky River.
“The schools are the backbone of this community and keep our home values strong-everyone in Rocky River benefits!” – Gloria Hardington
10. A YES vote will maintain EXCELLENCE in our SCHOOLS and COMMUNITY!
Early In-Person and Vote By Mail Starts October 12
Support the Rocky River Schools
VOTE RIVER SCHOOLS
The Rocky River Board of Education is asking voters to approve a 4.9 mill levy on the November 8, 2022 ballot. This levy is critically important as approximately 67% of our District's operating budget comes from local sources. The last levy was passed in 2017.
The passing of this issue on November 8 is vital to maintaining high-quality academics, school safety, and activities and athletics programs for all students. It will also support current staffing levels to maintain class sizes, allow the district to follow refresh plans for instructional materials (e.g. textbooks, chromebooks) and maintain and repair district equipment.
The Board of Education voted to place the levy on the ballot at the June 23, 2022, Business meeting. The levy is 4.65 mills for operating expenses and 0.25 mills for permanent improvements and will cost an estimated $14.29 per month for $100,000 of property valuation beginning in January of 2023.
LOW EFFECTIVE TAX RATE
HIGH PERFORMING SCHOOLS
HIGH PERFORMING SCHOOLS
Rocky River's property school tax rate remains near the bottom in Cuyahoga County (28th of 31).
Although Rocky River has had a total of 91.27 voted and inside mills, this has been reduced by HB 920 to 35.47 effective mills, which is the actual amount taxed.
This chart shows the effective property tax rates for all school districts in Cuyahoga County.
The Rocky River City School District continues to perform among the top school districts in academic achievement in the state of Ohio according to the results of the Ohio Department of Education report cards that were released on September 15.
RRCSD posted 5-star ratings, the highest possible, for Student Achievement, Progress, Gap Closing and Graduation Rate, and a 4-star rating for Early Literacy.
The district’s performance index (PI) score of 108.0, a calculation that measures how well students perform on the Ohio State Tests (OSTs), is the second highest the district has achieved since the revised OSTs began in 2016 and the second highest PI score in the state this year.
The district demonstrates excellence in recognition for its for prudent financial management and record-keeping. The RRCS district:
Received the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting Government Finance Officers Association Certificate for the last 31 years.
Holds a Aa2 rating by Moody’s Investor Services
Regularly receives the Auditor of State Award with Distinction, including the latest 2021 audit.
“This award recognizes the hard work of fiscal offices to keep clean, accurate records. Their efforts go a long way to making Ohio more efficient, effective and transparent.”
--Keith Faber, Auditor of State.